Gender equality and empowering women and girls in the UK
CALL FOR EVIDENCE
The British Council has commissioned a study to provide a stock-take of the current status of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in the UK in relation to other countries.
To help inform this research, we are looking for evidence of good practice that supports gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls This may include current and recent research, quantitative and qualitative data and information about current and recent interventions (projects, campaigns, models, frameworks etc).
We are particularly interested in the following five priority areas:
- Participation, Power and Leadership
- Education (Schools, Further Education, Higher Education)
- The Economy (Paid and Unpaid Work and Enterprise)
- Justice and Violence Against Women and Girls (this will also be examined as a key priority of the SDGs and as an issue that cuts across our five themes)
- Cultural sectors (including Arts, Sports and Technology)
The information you submit will be used by the British Council and partners as an internal resource for supporting ongoing work to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. We will also be publishing a short summary report of our findings in Autumn 2016 which will be posted on our website.
The deadline for submissions is 25 April 2016.
For more information click here.